Wednesday, July 20, 2011

4th of July in Washington D.C!

Hi all!

I cannot tell you how excited I am for the school year to begin! I can't wait to meet all of my amazing new students and get this year started! As excited as I am about school starting, I have had quite a fun summer! I recently visited my brother and sister in law and my nephew in Washington, D.C for the 4th of July. I have been many times, but D.C is definitely one of those cities you can visit over and over and never see everything. We visited all of my favorite monuments and museums, and spent the evening in Georgetown down by the Potomac. It is such a beautiful city! I've included some pictures below!

This is the World War II memorial. It is so beautiful!! It is surrounded by arches with each state listed on them. Then in the middle is a huge water feature with fountains. People gather here to put their feet in the water. It also has an amazing view! It sits directly between the Washington Monument and the Capital! 

The White House! It was funny, while we were taking pictures we noticed someone stand up and then got back down. It was obviously a sniper. It made us think that at some point while we were standing there, there was probably a rifle scope pointed at us for a closer look! So crazy!

Standing in front of the Lincoln Memorial! It was RIDICULOUSLY hot that day! We actually got to see a Navy officer propose to his Army girlfriend on the steps of the Lincoln! It was super cute!


This is the Air and Space Museum. It is full of fighter planes, space shuttles, drones, etc... Everything about aviation! Its awesome! 


This is the front of the Museum of Natural History. It is my favorite museum! It is full of exhibits that are so interesting! 

This elephant is in the middle of the foyer when you walk in, so obviously it was a call for a photo opp :)

]
The lovely Washington Monument is behind me. You don't realize how big these monuments are until you're up close. Right here I am actually very far away from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment